Monday 7 November 2011

Wikipedia Video Upload

Just finished uploading video from Landscape-Portrait to Wikipedia. It's a very time consuming process and prone to errors which force you to restart the process from scratch. It's taken my 2 hours to upload 18 video clips, including mark up etc. Kept getting errors for long file names, duplicate files names etc. There isn't (for newbie users like me) any batch upload facility which is annoying, anyways its done. The content I uploaded was my interview on the site so I made available within the public domain, where it does not have to be attributed and can be used in whatever manner. For other participants I'll probably use a sharealike attributable licence.

The next part of the project is to access this media through DBpedia using RDF Linked Data, now that might take a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment